The Fayette County Election Commission is located in Somerville, Tenn. They are responsible for the conduct of all elections held within Fayette County. These responsibilities include polling place arrangement, appointment and training of election officials, printing of ballots, preparation of election supplies, purchase, storage and maintenance of voting machines and the certification of election results.
- 5:30 pm
- The 2nd Monday of every month
- Election Office, 45 Dogwood Lane
Somerville, TN 38068 901-465-5223
- Alex Armour, Chair
- Maxine Middlecoff, Secretary
- Ernestine Brown, Member
- Sylvan Meyer, Member
- Gloria Jones, Member
Become an Election Poll Worker!
Being a poll worker is a great way to serve your community, take an active role in democracy, and become part of the dedicated team working to make the election process easy and accessible to everyone.
To Be a Poll Worker, you must meet the following criteria:
- A permanent resident and registered voter in Fayette County, TN
- Do not hold an elected office or are not the employee of an elected official
- Are not a family member of an elected official on the ballot
- Enjoy interaction with the public
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Available to serve Election Day from approximately 6 am until the last voter has voted and supplies are packed.
Fill out the Poll Worker Application and return it to the Fayette County Election Commission:
- In person: Fayette County Election Commission, 45 Dogwood Lane, Somerville, TN 38068
- By mail: P.O. Box 339, Somerville, TN 38068
- By email: Email Fayette County Election Commission
- By fax: 901-465-5238
To obtain more information or to volunteer, contact the Fayette County Election Commission at 901-465-5223, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Office closes from noon - 1 pm for lunch.
For online voter registration information, please visit www.govotetn.com.