The City of Piperton Utility Department is responsible for setting up and maintaining customer accounts for water, sewer, garbage and recycling collection, the reading of water meters, and the billing and collection of fees for the City's Utilities. Any utility customer service concerns will go directly through this office.
Establishing New Service
To establish new services, please bring 2 forms of identification, close relative's name and address, and check or cash for payment of fees to the Utility Clerk.
The City requires that all customers pay a non-refundable Service Establishment Fee on each account that they establish. The fee is as follows:
- $100 for residential
- $150 for commercial
- Piperton Water and Sewer Rates (PDF)
- Residential Garbage Rate: $17.40 per month for 1 household cart and 1 yard waste cart. $4 per month for each additional cart.
- Residential Recycle Rate: $7.40 per month. $4 per month for each additional cart.
The City bills customers based upon the monthly water meter reading. These bills are mailed by the 31st of each month. You are allowed until the 10th of the following month to pay your bill. On the 11th day, a 10% late charge will be added. If a bill remains unpaid after the 20th of the following month, service may be discontinued without further notice. There are no phone calls prior to cut-off requesting payment. Please use caution when personal information is requested over the phone. Applicable re-connection fee must be paid before service is restored. Any service that is turned off for non-payment will not be turned back on except during normal office hours. Included in the billing are charges for garbage, recycling, and sewer services.
If you have questions about your bill, you may call 901-853-4830, ext. 1 or go by the Utility Department between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
To have services reconnected you must pay the past-due utility bill, including the late charge plus a $25 reconnect fee (cash only). The reconnect fee must be paid at the Utility Department in the City Administration Office. Every effort will be made to have utilities reconnected on the next business day following payment.
The Utility Department accepts payments for water/sewer/garbage only. Payments may be made by the following methods:
- Regular mail should be sent to P.O. Box 328, Collierville, TN 38027.
- Make payments online using NexBillPay.
- Call 901-853-4830, ext. 1. Have your current bill and a credit card ready when you make the call. (convenience fee applicable)
- Lobby or walk-in, located in City Administration office at 3725 Highway 196, Suite B, is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Monday through Friday, with exception of designated holidays.
- 24 Hour walk-up depository located at the City Administration Office.
- Drive-through located at the Bank of Fayette County on the corner of Highway 57 and Highway 196. The drive through is open from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 6 pm on Friday, and 8:30 am to 11:30 am on Saturday. Closed all holidays. A $3 convenience fee applies if you are not a bank customer.
- Direct debit program will debit from your bank account or credit card on your due date. Please complete Bank Authorization Form and return to utility clerk.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (in person only; do not mail cash payment)
- Credit Card (convenience fee applicable)
- Debit Card (convenience fee applicable)
- Personal check, cashier's check, or money order, made payable to City of Piperton (there will be a $30 fee for a returned check)
Piperton is serviced by outside companies for electricity and natural gas.
New residents must contact Chickasaw Electric directly to set up new service. Residents must also contact HFUD directly regarding natural gas issues or concerns and also to set up new services. Their contact information is listed below: