Building and Codes
It is the mission of the Building and Codes Department to promote building safety through code compliance, to assist citizens, contractors and design professionals in completing building projects, to enhance neighborhood quality of life; and to assure Piperton is compliant with state building code laws.
ServicesThe Building and Codes Department provides the following services:
- Building Plans Review
- Building Permit Issuance
- Conduct Building Code Inspections (Except Electrical - see below note)
- Property Maintenance Inspections
- Final Inspections
- Certificate of Occupancy Issuance
- Code Compliance/Enforcement
- General Zoning Ordinance Inquiries
Required Code Permits
By law, permits and inspections are required for new construction, additions, and remodeling work to confirm that all structures meet applicable City, State, and Federal building code requirements. Permits may be applied for at the City Administrative Office located at 3725 Hwy 196, Suite B in Piperton.
Fire Sprinkler System
An automatic fire sprinkler system is required in all new building construction and is enforced and inspected by the Piperton Fire Department. For a sprinkler permit application, please click here.
Electrical Permits & Inspections
Electrical permits and inspections are handled through Chickasaw Electric Cooperation in Somerville, Tennessee.
For a current fee schedule and information, see our Fee Revision Ordinance (PDF).
Official Building Code
- International Building Code (2012 Edition)
- International Residential Code (2012 Edition)
- International Plumbing Code (2012 Edition)
- International Mechanical Code (2012 Edition)
- International Fuel Gas Code (2012 Edition)
- International Property Maintenance Code (2012 Edition)
- International Energy Conservation Code (2012 Edition)